Monday, November 23, 2009

Defying Gravity

I saw Wicked for the second time over the weekend. It is now my favorite musical, especially since it has provided me with my new running theme song - "Devy Gravity!" Just want to share the lyrics. They don't all apply, so I'll just include the ones that I plan to use (hear in my mind) at the end of a hard race - everything from a 5K to a marathon.

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game

Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes
And leap...

It's time to try defying gravity
I think I'll try defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!

I'm through accepting limits
'cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try, I'll never know!

I'd sooner buy defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!

Now, I just have to remember these words at the end of Thursday's 5K. Ha! In the mean time, I have an easy recovery run and a deep tissue sports massage. I'll report back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment